BBSG team conducted a thorough evaluation of possible methods for involving private investors in development of Chişinău International Airport. Our work involved definition of a most favourable model for cooperation and development of transaction details for the recommended model.
Scope of our work
Scope of our work involved:
- Analysis of the airport attractiveness for private investors,
- Financial and legal aspects of involving a private investor,
- Business plan,
- Risk allocation analysis,
- Definition of performance indicators for the airport concessionaire,
- Development of eligibility and selection criteria for airport concession
- Financial model assumptions
- Ad hoc support
Value and benefits
Following our analyses a concession model was selected as the optimal solution. The public owner of Chişinău International Airport received a comprehensive model for involving and cooperating with a private investor. Essential elements of a private investor acquisition process and successful cooperation between public and private sides were identified.
Central & East European market has so far made limited use of available methods for cooperation between public and private aviation sector players. However, we expect a significant move towards cooperation between airports and strategic and financial investors in search of capital and know-how.